Thursday, February 24, 2011

eBook v/s print......

Technology, something that has changed the way we live over the past few years. Life has eased a lot thanks to some great minds who keep inventing something for our benefit. Since Facebook arrived, the way we socialize has changed significantly. Life without Google is difficult to imagine for many. Morning walks have been replaced by treadmill. What once used to be a long wait in the queues is now a matter of few clicks. Ya, life has really changed………..


But something that might never change is the pleasure of reading a book in print rather than reading an eBook. It might be easier to find your desired book in a few minutes and reading it in a Kindle or iPad, but it would never overcome the merits of a printed book.

I can’t imagine myself reading a 270 page Five point someone on a touch screen. I would always prefer to read it like a book is meant to be read. I would like to preserve it over years in my book shelf, not like the Kindle people who may delete it after reading. In any way, reading a book behind a screen would never enchant me like a printed novel would……………………

2 comments:

  1. i've read twilight eclipse, breaking dawn (this one was really lenthy), twilight midnight sun (incomplete draft), 3 mistakes of my life, 2 states on my simple non touch phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i would just say that try to read a hard copy of any one book that u mentined...... you will feel the difference yourself

    ReplyDelete