Monday, April 11, 2011

A lunch with the Prime Minister......

What an experience it was. A man like me, a person who earns just Rs. 25000 per month and who commutes between North Mumbai and South Mumbai every morning and evening was experiencing the pleasure of having lunch with the real head of the country. Yesterday was a day when I had lunch with none other than The Prime Minister of India. I was sitting before Mr. Manmohan Singh after passing through so many security checks and with so many security guards and commandos surrounding me, rather I should say surrounding him. My head was bulging with thoughts, with questions and with doubts. The worst question that my mind darted at me was, “Will they shoot me if I dropped something on the floor?”. If that was not enough, my great mind posed another question to me, “Is there a possibility that I am having lunch with a look alike of Mr. Manmohan Singh and they have hid the real prime minister somewhere?”. Man, I was really getting mad. But how can a person like me stop himself from getting mad when he is sitting in front of such an eminent personality. Then my mind reminded me of the questions that I had planned to ask him. “Sir how do you manage so many scams?” “Have you taken even one decision on your own in your term or were they all Sonia ji’s?” “Please tell me about any more scam that’s in the pipeline” “Do you guys run some coaching classes on corruption?”. There were much more of these questions, but I was not able to bring myself to ask any one of them. I looked up to see him and several other persons eating in calm. Then I again began to think how I landed up having lunch with the head of the state(Yes I was not eating, although so many delicacies were lying before me, and the thing was that no one was even asking me to eat). But suddenly someone called my name and my heart began to beat so fast as if it was in a race to set a Guinness world record. I heard my name again. I turned around sweating with fear. “Why are you sweating, the AC’s on, right?”. My colleague Prakash was standing before me. My lunch break was over and my tiffin was still lying intact before me…………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment